Our Lower Secondary is typically for learners aged 11 to 14 years.
It helps students to prepare for the next step of their education, providing a clear path. By offering Cambridge Lower secondary, our students are provided with a broad and balanced education, to thrive throughout their schooling, work and life.
We offer fifteen subjects that develop students’ creativity, expression and wellbeing in a variety of ways. The provided subjects are:
- English as the first language
- Italian as a foreign language
- Sinhala or Bengali (Bangla) as a foreign language
- Science & Technology
- Global Perspectives
- ICT (Information Communication Technology)
- Religion (Roman Catholicism/ Buddhism/ Islam)
- Physical Education
- The staff in our lower secondary School is highly competent, qualified teachers with experience of teaching.
- Our teachers make use of various creative methods and activities to display what we usually learn in the form of textbooks to allow our students to understand the working of each topic thoroughly.
- At the end of each three terms, we assessed students through the term tests.
- The First Term and the Second Term tests are arranged and evaluated by our school teachers.
- Cambridge Primary Progression Tests are given for Grade 7, 8, and 9 for English, mathematics and science at the end of the Third Term and they are assessed by the internal teachers.
Lower Secondary Checkpoint
- At the end of the Lower Secondary programme, which is in Grade 9 Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint monitors and assesses students’ individual performance.
- These external tests are marked by Cambridge International to give students extra confidence in the feedback received and shared with parents.